Every year we all receive Christmas presents that we weren’t expecting. You make your list and you check it twice, sometimes more, but there always seems to be one person who pops up and surprises you with a gift. Is there anyway to prepare yourself for these unexpected Christmas gifts? Yes. In fact, here are ten ideas to help you prepare for unexpected Christmas gifts.
- Candy: Everyone loves candy. This year protect yourself against unexpected Christmas gifts by stocking up on boxes of candy. In this day and time there are several diabetics so I suggest you buy both regular and sugar free candy so every one of your unexpected Christmas recipients can enjoy this gift.
- Small Gift Baskets: When you are faced with unexpected Christmas gifts, surprise your gift giver with a small gift basket. A great idea is to pick up large coffee mugs for a $1 at your local dollar store. Fill the coffee mug with a pack of gourmet cocoa mix, a small package of candy, and a package of cookies. Wrap the mug in colorful plastic wrap, bringing it up around the edges, and tie the top with a ribbon.
- Homemade Treats: Preparing yourself against unexpected Christmas gifts will be a piece of cake this year. Choose three or four easy recipes and split them up into tins. Then when you are surprised with an unexpected Christmas gift, you’ll have a wonderful gift to give in return.
- More Than One: When you find a great deal on something at the store that would make a perfect gift, buy more than one. For example, if you find a great deal on toys, stock up. If you have gifts leftover, donate them to an organization like Toys for Tots. You really must remember that even your children will receive unexpected Christmas gifts.
- Wholesale Gifts: Unexpected gifts come to us all, even children. There are several wholesale companies out there that allow you to purchase a dozen of each item. Something I did, back when I was in school, was to purchase a dozen Christmas teddy bears that were able to be filled. I stuffed the bears with candy and then when I received an unexpected Christmas gift, I had these in my locker to give in return. While purchasing the gifts, the selection of the door gifts should be done with skills and intelligence. The unexpected results are achieved through the person with the spending of money. The celebration of the festival with fancy gifts is great.
- Gourmet Food Shops: A great way to handle unexpected Christmas gifts this year is to shop at gourmet food shops. Stores such as Figi’s and The Swiss Colony have gifts that range from small packages that include meats and cheeses or packages that include chocolates and cakes to much larger packages. You can usually order 6 or 12. Your unexpected gift recipients will love these Christmas gifts.
- Gift Cards: If you don’t have time to prepare yourself from unexpected Christmas gifts by picking out gifts yourself, make your life easier this Christmas by picking up gift cards for your unexpected gift givers. A gift card will also allow them to buy what they want this Christmas. I suggest a Wal-Mart gift card because your unexpected gift giver will be able to choose from CDs to clothes to kitchen supplies.
- Cash: Don’t have time to pick up gift cards? Simply put back enough cash to handle those unexpected Christmas gifts. Decide how much you want to spend on unexpected Christmas gifts split it up, put the cash inside Christmas cards, and stash it away until you receive an unexpected Christmas gift. Then if you have money leftover, hit those after Christmas sales.
- Favorites: Do you have a favorite book, CD, or DVD? This Christmas, buy several copies of your favorites and give them out to your unexpected Christmas gift givers.
- Coupons: Whether you make the coupons yourself with a word processing program or buy free coupons to give out, these are a wonderful way to protect yourself from unexpected Christmas gifts this year. Your unexpected Christmas gift giver will love receiving a free coupon for a pint of Ben amp; Jerry’s or a coupon that gives them the night off, while you baby sit their children.
Unexpected Christmas gifts will be a thing of the past if you follow some of these ideas and prepare yourself for them. Unexpected Christmas gift givers will love any of these gifts, especially the cash and gifts cards. Don’t be caught without a gift to give this Christmas.