As we work in our offices and we get no spare time that we can invest towards the well being of our body. That is why it is really important that we include some really healthy habits that can help us take care of our back. Instead of using the best recliner for back pain or trying our some expensive medical procedure, we can try out these 10 simple yet effective habits in our lifestyle so that we can take care of our back muscles effectively.
- You should start by making your workstation more ergonomic and suitable for your back and your eyes. For that, you can customize your work desk according to your body and the task that you do while working. It is also important that you keep changing your positions at frequent intervals of time as well. Moving efficiently is a great way through which you can control and manage all the stress on your back.
- Adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is also really helpful. It is recommended that you exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes so that you can keep your body in shape. Moreover, as you work for long periods of time, you should take breaks every 60 minutes and move away from your computer screen during that time. You can also go out and take a little walk in your office as well. In order to keep your body active, you should perform different tasks every hour so that every muscle of your body is used.
You can also go out for walks as well. However, it is vital that you maintain a brisk pace as you walk. Moreover, you should also maintain an upright posture while walking. Using a pedometer is a great way through which you can track your progress and keep yourself motivated.
- Your sitting posture plays a vital role when it comes to taking care of your back. That is why it is recommended that you look online about healthy sitting postures. As you sit your feet should get proper support while keeping your knees and hips in level. You should try to keep your spine straight as you sit so that is no extra strain on your spine and neck. In order to maintain a comfortable position, you should adjust your armrest and chair’s lumbar according to you height and preference. Lastly, you should position your device slightly below your line of sight.
- As you use your mobile phone try to sit up while reading or texting. It is also important that you maintain a proper distance between you and your device so that there is no unnecessary strain on your neck and eyes. If you were to attend your mobile calls while working in your office, you should use earphones.
- While lifting heavy objects you should also try to pivot from your feet and hips to avoid unnecessary strain on your back. While lifting any heavy object you should try to prepare yourself according to the weight that you are going to lift. Moreover, make sure that your path is clear so that you can move around comfortably. While moving around with the weight make sure to keep that object as close to your body as you can.
- While driving you should adjust your seat in such a way that your knees are slightly bent and the back of the seat supports your back. If you feel any strain on your back, you can adjust your driving seat accordingly. It is also important that you take short breaks as you drive for long periods of time. You can go for a small walk or move out of the car and stretch a little.
- While cleaning your house, you should pay attention to your posture. While mopping you should keep yourself straight while avoiding unnecessary torso movements. Similarly, while vacuuming you should stand upright and move around with the vacuum. Just like that, it is important that you get yourself in a comfortable position as you clean your house. Be mindful of your posture while avoiding any unnecessary strain on your body.
- While exercising you should do proper warm up first. You can opt for a dynamic warm-up that is effective in increasing your body’s heart rate along with the temperature of your body. For that, you can walk briskly, while swinging your arms rhythmic way. This way you can move on to high-intensity workout sessions.